Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11/18/2010


189. Good morning St. Petersburg! Not our first snowfall, but it was definitely the first time we've woken to a blanket of soft white powder. I didn't know there were more options, but the objects that fall from the sky in this city are different than I've seen before. We've of course had plenty of rain, sleet, hail, and some ornate snowflakes, but the other things have made us giddy like school children. No, not meatballs or gumballs, but sprinkles! If I could've bottled them up without them melting, one could easily decor their black forest cake with my tiny flower-shaped sprinkles. Or how about the gentle fall of millimeter-sized transparent globes, which usually only exist in fantasy worlds. By the look of things, I think this is just the beginning of a magical winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment