Thursday, November 11, 2010

10/31/2010


171. I don't say this often, but I would love to return to Estonia. (I don't say it often because I think we should be grateful for the moment we are experiencing by living and enjoying it as though it will never happen again.) There is something intriguing about small countries with new independency who are surrounded by imperious nations. This country is learning to define itself while recovering from years of rule from the Russian, Sweden and Soviet empires. During the soviet years, a train ride from St. Petersburg to Tallinn was only 7 cents. Unfortunately, it is quite a bit more these days but hopefully this view from St. Olaf's cathedral tower will entice me to return.

1 comment:

  1. I like your philosophy of living by the moment. That's a needed perspective while traveling. Loved the Estonia pictures!

    ReplyDelete