Thursday, September 23, 2010

9/23/2010


133. Bless this woman's soul. Alla (aka. my saving grace). Alla receives, almost nightly, emails from me explaining all the questions, problems and concerns that occur daily as us teachers try and figure out this foreign country. We talk many times during the day and meet 2-3x a week for a few hours at a time. She does everything that I can't take care of and I feel eternally indebted to her. Today was a special day. She rushed me around to a few of her doctor friends to have my large mass on my leg assessed. Well, we had a lot of down time while waiting for doctors to show, so we were finally able to just talk. We laughed over lunch, looked through pictures, talked about our travels and our families. I have been craving to be personable with a local and I need to be more pro-active about seeking new friends because these people are wonderful once you get to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment