Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9/20/2010


130. So the doctors at the school think I was stung by a bee. The female nurse could not speak English, so a friendly lady stepped into the doctor's room and helped put words to the nurse mimicking a bee buzzing around a room. She said, "It is a bee sting!" The nurse spoke more words and crazy, I didn't understand her before and she thought for some reason the more Russian she spoke the easier it'd be to understand. Not true. So, she called the friendly translator back into the room and said, "It's a wild bee!" Oh, that explains it : ) For all you that have been stung before or for those that have had stings that look like a small watermelon on your leg, the Russians have solved the problem. You were stung by a tamed/mild bee or you were stung by a wild bee respectively. Thanks to the most rudimentary bandaging of gauze and cream wrapped around my ankle that held up for maybe an hour, my ankle looks the exact same that it has since I was bit (by what I still think was a spider) 5 days ago. I am visiting the doctor again today. Can't wait for what revelations they come up with this time. 

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty bad! At least it wasn't on your booty, I got stung on the bum the other day! I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete