Monday, September 13, 2010

9/11/2010


121. What a day! It technically started during the group (blank)over (I don't think much sleep actually happened). It's not that 2AM is extremely late, it was just that we had 3 on my bed, 1 on an extra bed, 1 on the couch, 3 on the living floor, and I slept in a doorway. I lasted a few hours. Around 7AM, I cooked up our planned breakfast of french toast and eggs. Most of us were out the door and on our way the Hermitage by 10AM. I met up with a long lost friend, James from BYU (we are studying Russian at the same language institute), for a few hours at the museum. Being one of the largest and oldest museums in the world, it took us around 5 hours to only see 1/6 of this majestic building. I was overly ecstatic about the neo-impressionist collection and my favorite Netherlandish artist, Bruegel.
After a long day there, we serendipitously found ourselves rockin out to "Those Dancing Days" a band from Sweden. We had to become instant fans when we had a photo-op with the band and our 2 new Russian friends. I've since bought their last album and may or may not be listening to it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment