Friday, December 31, 2010

12/21/2010



222. The shortest day of the year has officially become my longest. Dropped off at midnight, flight out at 6AM, 9 hour layover in Munich, 9 hour flight to Chicago, delayed 3 hour flight to SLC. In aggregate, the trip took 36 hours. The 1:00AM arrival in SLC, was extravagant for all of my co-teachers...except me. There were banners, parents, siblings, balloons, friends, co-workers, screams of joy, tears, you name it! As for me, I had to call from Steph's mom's phone to get a hold of a family member. My sister was there after all, but she was just in her car circling around the airport because my parents didn't give her my flight information. I guess the novelty of traveling and coming home has worn off with my peeps!

1 comment:

  1. This story is classic. I feel the same with much of my family, except of course for my overly adoring grandparents.

    ReplyDelete