Friday, December 3, 2010

12/1/2010


202. Fur in Russia is not an accessory, it's a necessity. Some fur ensembles may seem immoderate (some very well could be and hopefully I can sneakily snap some photos of them to show), but it is by far the best way to stay warm in this frigid weather. I can attest to this: When I wear my trapper fox hat, my entire body feels 10° warmer. The weather today was -4°F, this was not conducive for teaching English outside (as it never should be or will be). Our teachers at the state kindergarten had students crying in pain because of the cold weather. If these children are forced to be outside by the Russian government, they should be running around, not sitting down being forced to speak English. I need to put my foot down and insist we have our classes back inside on Wednesdays, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment