Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10/10/2010


150. 12:00AM-boarded the metro. 12:20AM-asked to get off the metro and wait for a new train (at least that's our translation of the Russian loudspeaker). 12:27AM-back on the metro. 12:50AM-arrival to the RR station that will take us back to St. Petersburg just as the last metro train finishes its course and closes. 12:55AM-I talk to some train station staff in broken Russian and ask why our train is not listed on the boards? My understanding from them is that they'll be changed soon because it's the beginning a new day. 1:10AM-A bit apprehensive the boards have still not changed, I walk out to the boarding area. A local looks at my ticket and anxiously says many Russian words. I eventually understand that we are at the wrong train station (we arrived at this one and of course assumed we'd depart from it as well). 1:20AM-We are rushing out the train station and I'm yelling for taxis (mind you we have 30 min. till departure). 1:25AM-After speaking Russian and Chinese (I was really flustered and anything I could communicate with was coming out) we were flying through the streets of Moscow. 1:37AM-After a $60 payment, we made it just as the train was pulling up.
No one's bunk neighbor fell out of their bed in the middle of the night during this ride (happened on the way there), instead thawing bloody meat dripped on Sarah's pillow all night as a cat pounced around nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment