Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5/15/2010


This picture might not be the most ideal to jump start my 25th year project, but the story is too precious to not just share it.
For my 24th birthday in Taiwan, my fellow co-teachers and I went to a water park. I shamelessly flirted with this surfer lifeguard the entire day. At the end of the day I asked him to give me a birthday kiss on the cheek. His reaction? Well, I've never seen anyone look so scared. He said he couldn't and so I quickly asked if he could at least give me a gentleman's kiss on the hand. In so doing, I received my 24th birthday kiss.
-culture side note: Okay, maybe I just want to cover myself for being turned down but it is very uncommon to see any PDA in Taiwan. In generalization, they are an awkward culture when it comes to dating and showing affection. So, a stranger asking for a kiss has really got to throw these Taiwanese for a loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment